This week saw Adelaide break Heat records.
The cooling effect though came in the form of WordPress Meetup in the Adelaide CBD.
Organised by Limesquare it saw Adelaide based writers, web developers, SEO’s and representatives of startup and small companies attending the meetup which was about Key WordPress Plugins that are essential for making WordPress as a completely optimised CMS.
Here are a list of Useful Plugins shared at the Meetup:
1. Launchpad – www.wordpress.org/plugins/launchpad-by-obox
*Creates a Free Temporary Landing Page
*Mailing List Signup
2. Wordfence – www.wordfence.com/
This is a WordPress Security Plugin which has Free and Premium option
3. BackupWordPress – www.hmn.md/2011/05/09/backupwordpress/
Free Automated backup of WordPress
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast – www.yoast.com/wordpress/seo/
Free Do it Yourself SEO
*Social/Open Graph Tags
5. Video User Manuals – www.videousermanuals.com/
WordPress Instructional Videos
6. Dreamgrow Scroll Triggered Box – www.wordpress.org/plugins/dreamgrow-scroll-triggered-box/
Popup Call-To-Action for WordPress
7. All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets – http://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-schemaorg-rich-snippets/
Give Star Rating to Posts( Seen the yellow stars on Recipe posts on Google?)
8. Jetpack by WordPress – www.wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/
* Visitor stats
* Social media buttons
* Contact forms
* email subscriptions
* Mobile theme
Really liked attending the meetup which had a waiting list highlighting the growing popularity of WordPress as a Website and Content Management Platform specially amongst small businesses, startups, web developers and designers across Australia.
The meetup also reminded us all that SEO is all about good website design and quality content and the days of SEO packages are getting over