With the recent changes to Australian Other Family and Non-Contributory Parent visas( https://maninder.com/2014/06/02/family-visas-australia-closure-of-certain-visa-subclasses/) here are some options that parents have to migrate to Australia:

1. Apply for a permanent Contributory Parent visa, either subclass 143 (Parent) for parents outside Australia or subclass 864 (Aged Parent) for parents in Australia.

2. Temporary Contributory Parent visas – Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa for parents outside Australia and the Contributory Aged Parent (subclass 884) visa for parents in Australia.

3.  Parents can apply for a long stay Visitor visa which allows eligible parents to visit their children in Australia for regular periods of up to 12 months at a time over an extended validity period.

What options do you have in the following scenario:

1. Non-Contributory Parents

2. Other family relatives 

3. Aged dependant relative

Relatives of Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents other than partners, children and parents who want to migrate to Australia need to satisfy requirements for entry as a skilled migrant. All intending migrants interested in the points based skilled migration or business investment and innovation visa programmes need to submit an expression of interest for a skilled visa. Overseas relatives might also be eligible for a Visitor visa, where they can show that the purpose of their visit is to assist with the short-term care needs of a seriously ill relative who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

For more information Visit:



Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About The Author