It is important to recognise the difference between an education agent and a registered migration agent. A registered migration agent must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).

Registered migration agents may provide immigration assistance as defined in the Act, which could extend to the provision of assistance in relation to Student visa applicants.

Education consultants no matter where they are located are not migration agents and are not qualified to give migration advice.

According to the Australian Government's Office of Migration Agents and Registration Authority,

a registered agent can use their knowledge of Australia's migration procedures to offer advice or assistance to a person wishing to obtain a visa to enter or remain in Australia.

Here is a resource you could use to locate a registered migration agent who could help you in planning a future in Australia

MigrateAndStudy: Directory of Australian migration agents

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About The Author