Suburb in WA, Postcode
Seeking a position that will further enhance my experience working with children.
• Manage 12 preschool students (age 4-5) with two fellow preschool teachers on daily routine, procedures, and classroom behaviour/safety.
• Engage children in arts and crafts, games, sensory activities, reading and writing, singing, dancing, outdoor play, etc. throughout the day.
• Monitor and assist in circle time meetings, maintaining routine of weather, songs, calendar, etc.
• Plan and create activities and games for children to complete/participate in.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, orientations, CPR/First Aid trainings, parent nights, field trips, etc.
• Interact and communicate with parents and families at drop-off and pick-up times each day.
Assist lead teacher in coordinating learning opportunities
• Interact positively with children
• Assist in classroom arrangement
• Implement positive guidance strategies
Helped implement lesson plans and provided constructive feedback for students when regular teacher was out of the classroom.
Student Teacher (Kindergarten)
• Planned and instructed creative, multi-intelligence based lesson plans in various subjects in a kindergarten classroom.
• Prepared and implemented a mini-unit in science on the five senses incorporating books and various activities.
• Observed students’ reading assessments then managed grouping the students in guided reading groups according to the results.
• Attended and participated in staff meetings, grade level meetings, and professional development inservice meetings throughout my time spent in kindergarten.
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
State University – Murray Bridge, SA
BA in Psychology
Forest Lakes College – Tanunda, SA
Computer literate (MAC and PC)
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Implementing appropriate curriculum in Child development
CPR and First Aid Certified – American Red Cross