Looking at Australia as a possible Destination to Migrate to?

A Registered Migration Agent can really be helpful in giving you the direction and advice you need in terms of possibilities best suited to you – Student, Investment(Business), Skilled etc.


Here are some points to remember if you decide to use a migration agent:

1. Check if they are registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).
2. Registered migration agents are skilled professionals with up-to-date knowledge of Australian migration law, and are bound by the professional standards set out in the migration agents’ Code of Conduct.
3. The agent must be realistic with you about your chances of getting a visa – they shouldn’t give you false hope and can never guarantee you a visa.
4. The agent should provide you with an agreement of services and fees(includes a breakdown of the costs involved in preparing and submitting your visa application, including the agent’s professional fees and any visa application charges before they start work or take any money from you
5. Although the Fee of Various Migration Agents may vary depending on the individual circumstances, the following table represents the range of fees charged by registered migration agents for the period 1 December 2013 to 31 May 2014. It gives you an idea of how much you might pay an agent to help with your visa.

Agent fee data – 1 December 2013 to 31 May 2014

Temporary visa services

Temporary Skilled
Temporary Resident

$160 – $550
$500 – $1,800
$500 – $2,300
$1,000 – $4,000
$350 – $1,500

Permanent visa services

Business Skills
Child Migration 
Employer Sponsored
Offshore Humanitarian
Onshore Protection
Other Skilled 
Parent Migration  
Partner Migration
Returning Resident

$5,000 – $10,000
$1,500 – $3,850
$3,000 -  $5,500
$1,000 – $3,500
$1,500 – $4,500
$1,800 – $5,500
$1,650 – $3,900
$1,500 – $4,000
$500 – $3,500


Review Application

$1,300 – $5,000

6. The agent must also keep you informed about the progress of your visa application and must let you know in writing about the outcome as soon as possible.

In case of dispute with a Registered Migration Agent:
1.  Try to resolve by talking to your agent. 
2.  You can complete the complaint form on the website https://www.mara.gov.au

Source: http://immi.gov.au


Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About The Author