The Times Higher Education “100 Under 50” list recognises the rising stars of higher education globally. The Times Higher Education’s top 100 universities under 50 years old measure universities on research, citations, teaching, international outlook and industry income.
Many Australian Universities feature in the list.
1. Charles Darwin University has scored a rankings hat-trick by featuring on a prestigious list of the world’s best universities that are less than 50 years old – for the third consecutive year.
2. Deakin University has been ranked number one in Victoria, among the top ten in Australia and number 59 in the world by the Times Higher Education’s list of the world’s top 100 universities under 50 years old.
3. Macquarie University moved up two places on its 2013 ranking to equal 34th position in the world, shared with the University of Bath.
4. UTS has leapt 36 places. In the 2013 ranking UTS was placed 10th among young Australian universities and 83rd in the world. Among the four Australian Technology Network universities included UTS is now second ranked.
5. The University of Western Sydney has been placed 87th in the world on the 2014 Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 list.
6. University of Wollongong surged 10 spots to be ranked number 33
7. The University of South Australia is Australia’s youngest university to be ranked in the top 50 of world universities under 50 years old.
Check the full list : Times Higher Education “100 Under 50”