- 1 Journalist Career in Australia
- 2 Some Technical Skills, knowledge and experience that employers in Australia look before hiring a Journalist
- 3 Resume Suggestion
- 4 General Australia Resume Format Suggestion
- 5 Study Journalism in Australia (Some related courses that could help you become an Australian Journalist)
- 6 Migrating as a Journalist to Australia
Journalist Career in Australia
The WIN Network is a diverse media and entertainment group with television as the core business, and business interests in radio, film and television production, telecommunications and specialist engineering.
The WIN Television Network is Australia’s largest commercial television network, providing first-class entertainment and news services across Australia.
They generally have opportunities for Journalists at WIN Local News service based in Cairns.
Check out the latest job vacancies by visiting: http://www.wintv.com.au/page/careers
Some Technical Skills, knowledge and experience that employers in Australia look before hiring a Journalist
- Must hold the right o work in Australia
- University qualification majoring in Journalism
- Knowledge in local, national and international news stories affecting the community
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of media law
- Good communication skills
Tip: When applying for a related position try to include the above mentioned skills in the Cover Letter
Following is a link to a related CV sample [PDF format] which you could review to create your custom Journalism (Freelance Journalist) related Resume
General Australia Resume Format Suggestion
Following is a link to an article giving tips for creating an Australian style CV which you could review to create your custom Resume
- Study Journalism at ECU Perth- Study Full-time or Part-time
Online Courses Available
- Get real world-experience with a Journalism Course at La Trobe Melbourne
- Deakin University Melbourne
Deakin University’s communication courses will help you become an excellent graduate specialising in journalism, public relations, or television and online media.
- Master of International Journalism: The University of Western Australia, Perth
- Master of Journalism at The University of Melbourne
- Journalism at Murdoch University, Western Australia
Migrating as a Journalist to Australia
Immigrating and finding a job in Australia are two seperate things.
To see if your occupation/skills are in demand in Australia(i.e. how easy it is for you to migrate/work/live in Australia based on your conditions) check out State Sponsorship Lists of various Australian States/Territories:
Australian Capital Territory (Popular city is Canberra) Migration Information Website – http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/
New South Wales (Popular city is Sydney) Migration Information Website – http://www.trade.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration
Northern Territory (Popular city is Darwin) Migration Information Website- http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/Pages/default.aspx
Queensland (Popular cities are Brisbane, Gold Coast) Migration Information Website – http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/
South Australia (Popular city is Adelaide) Migration Information Website – http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/
Tasmania (Popular city is Hobart) Migration Information Website – http://www.migration.tas.gov.au/
Victoria (Popular city is Melbourne) Migration Information Website – http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/
Western Australia (Popular city is Perth) Migration Information Website – http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/
Note: The links mentioned on this page might change over period of time if the related organisation changes the website/webpage. Do email if you come across any broken link on this site.