Sample Cover Letter in response to IT Helpdesk Officer Job (Example and Format)
Name of Hiring Manager
Name of Company/Institution
Dear (Personalise Whenever Possible):
Re: IT Helpdesk Officer Position
I am writing to apply for the position of IT Helpdesk Officer at The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science in Canberra, as advertised recently on University Jobs Website.
I have a degree in computing having experience with networked system administration of Microsoft Windows workstations, especially XP and Window 7/8, and various flavours of Linux Workstations; networked system administration of Apple OS X workstations; Ethernet and Internet protocols; and elementary computer hardware maintenance.
I have high level customer service and effective communication skills, both written and oral and can work very well as part of a team as I am extremely enthusiastic and confident interacting with personnel at all levels.
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see my detailed resume. You could review my Linkedin profile(Optional) and can reach me by phone at (61) 124-2325 or by email at email@example.com
I am looking forward to hear from you soon and possible time for an interview session.
Thank you for your consideration.
Please note: If the Job Advertisement mentions then include the position title(Job Title) and position reference number in the cover letter.
IT Helpdesk Officer
Objective: I am looking for an IT Support role that will not only exercise my existing skills and knowledge but also further both my personal and professional experience.
I have 4 years’ experience as an IT Helpdesk Support Analyst in Australia. I am a articulate helpdesk support professional with a proven track record and extensive experience in performing diagnostics and successfully resolving and discovering the cause of a customer’s technical problems via telephone, e-mail and on a one-to-one basis.
IT Support Officer
Wifi Net – Canberra ACT
2013 to Present
• Provide a high standard of client service in an IT environment
• Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or e- mail or onsite and solving IT related issues in timely manner
• Provide technical direction and solutions to clients both over the phone and in person
• Diagnose and Resolve hardware, software and Network related issues
• Providing managed IT services via Remote Monitoring Software (LabTech)
• Performing Data Recovery from the faulty or malfunctioning Hard Disk Drive
IT helpdesk officer
Helping Hands Australia – Nowra NSW
2011 to 2013
• Provide level 1 helpdesk support services via phone and email
• Perform desktop, desk phone, mobile (blackberry/iPhone) setups
• Setup IT equipment for meetings/Video Conferences and Teleconferences
• Assist the Systems Administrator in level 3 troubleshooting and project work
IT Helpdesk Support (Temp Contract)
Skynet – Sydney NSW
2010 to 2011
• Receiving problems via telephone and email and recording them on an incident call logging database (ITSM), providing both immediate and long-term resolutions.
• Provide I.T Helpdesk Support to Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Darwin offices
• Ensure all e-mails, phone calls & voice messages from customers are retrieved and acknowledged
• Troubleshoot and resolve unique desktop hardware and software problems on a daily basis and use my understanding of system products and services to assist users.
• Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, office printers, desktop telephones, meeting room video conferencing, Blackberry & mobile devices and software.
Bondi Burger – NSW
2008 to 2010
• Provide phenomenal customer service
• Achieve sales goals by effectively managing sections and multi tasking
Master of Information and Communications Technology Management
University of ACT, Canberra
2006 to 2008
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• RED HAT LINUX
• Network Administration
• Helpdesk Support
• Hardware and Software Maintenance
• Customer Service
• Possess good analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Good communications skills and high-level interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced team environment