Here is how some Australian Universities have performed according to latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings:
1. The University of Melbourne has been ranked number one in Australia for the fifth year in a row. Melbourne is ranked 33 in the world this year, moving up from 34 last year
2. Charles Darwin University has risen in the ranks of the world’s top 400 universities during the past 12 months.
3. The University of Queensland has retained its position among the world’s top 100 universities, with a rank of 65
4. The University of Sydney has jumped 12 places to be ranked 60th confirming it’s place among the world’s leading research and educational institutions.
5. The University of Western Australia has jumped 11 places in the annual Times Higher Education World University Rankings, moving from 168th to 157th place.
6. UNSW has jumped five places to be close to the top 100. Moving up from 114 to 109, the THE described the University as “one of the biggest-rising universities in the rankings over recent years” – up 64 places since 2011-12.