In the last financial year, Australia attracted 190,000 new migrants.
The Australian Government’s target of attracting 190,000 new migrants in the latest financial year has been achieved, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, the Hon Scott Morrison said recently.
Here is the summary:
- 128,550 places – permanent migration visas were granted within the skill stream.
- Occupational professionals accounted for more than 63 per cent of visas granted in the skill stream, followed by technicians and trades workers with 22 per cent and managers with 9 per cent of skilled stream visa grants.
- 47,450 places – more than 60 per cent of skilled migration visas were delivered within the employer sponsored
- 6160 places – business innovation and investment
- 24,656 places – state and territory government nominated categories.
- In the family stream, the partner category delivered 47,752 places and the child category delivered 3850 places. The remaining family stream places were granted within the other family (585 places), contributory parent (6675 places) and parent (2250 places) categories.